Cookies make websites work better
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by emails. They provide useful information to companies, which helps in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use the site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. They also make sure you receive the most relevant information from Turnstyle®. For us, cookies help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements.
We use three types of cookies on our websites
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites.
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Some of these cookies are essential and some are non-essential.
Some cookies are essential
Certain cookies are necessary in order for you to use our websites. These are used ‘in-session’ each time you visit and then expire when you leave the site. They’re not stored on your computer and they don’t contain any personal data. However, you can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you’re able to carry out on our sites. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About cookies website.
Here’s a list of essential cookies and how we use them:
|Session cookiesThese enable you to carry out some essential functions on our sites, such as maintaining log in details for the session or a transaction. They also help by minimising the need to transfer information across the internet. They are not stored on your computer and they expire when you terminate your browser session.|
|Tracking cookiesThese enable us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we’re able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we’re able to make improvements to our sites and by combining it with other information we hold about you we can serve personalised content to you on your return.We use Google® analytics to analyse page use, page interactions and the routes our customers take through our sites. These are known as ‘web metrics’. We don’t record any personal information you provide during an on-site purchase or any other process.|
Some cookies are non-essential
These cookies are usually supplied by our business partners and help us to filter out irrelevant messages or pop-ups and to make sure that we only send you information that’s interesting and relevant to you. We also use some non-essential cookies for analytical purposes. Here’s a list of non-essential cookies and how they’re used:
This is a web analytics service provided by Google® enabling us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we’re able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we’re able to make improvements to our sites.
Google® also reserve the rights to the data collected.
|Survey control cookies||These are provided by our business partners to enable us to send surveys about our sites to customers. Accepting this cookie means that you won’t be asked to complete the survey if you’ve already done so or declined previously.|
|DoubleClick cookies||Provided by our online advertising supplier, these cookies are used to serve our internet advertisements on other sites. Some of our web pages may contain electronic images that help us see how users interact on these pages. They may also provide DoubleClick® with information about the interaction.|
|Marketing cookies||These cookies help us tailor the advertisements you see on third party sites by understanding what interests you on our sites, such as the pages you view. We don’t combine this information with other personal information you provide us with.|
You can accept or block cookies
By using our websites you agree that we can place both essential and non-essential cookies on your device.
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About cookies website.
These cookies make it quicker and easier for you to access sites on subsequent visits that use Flash technology. Deleting them means you may have to re-enter information each time you visit the same site. But just like any cookie, you can delete Flash cookies by going to the Settings Manager for your Adobe Flash Player. You will be taken to the Adobe website, which lists the websites with the cookies in your browser. Just click Delete opposite the relevant website.
Cookies within mobile applications
We only use essential cookies within our mobile applications. You cannot opt-out or delete these cookies as they are critical to the functionality of the application. These cookies are not shared with any other application on your mobile device. We never use these cookies to store personal information about you.
Find out more
You’ll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.
Contented Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions, together with any specific rules set out in the initial competition notice displayed on a Social Platform (“Competition Notice(s)”), are the competition rules (the “Rules”) and apply to all and any competition(s) taking place across www.turnstyle.co.uk, Turnstyle.co.uk Facebook website, Turnstyle.co.uk Twitter feed, and/or any and all other websites and web-pages operated by CONTENTed (the “Social Platform(s)”).
2. The promoter of the competition(s) is The Contented Digital Media Company Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08333466, whose registered office is at New Penderel House, 2nd Floor, 283-288 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7HP, with trading address 2nd Floor, 1 Cavendish Place, London, W1G 0QF (“CONTENTed”).
3. The competition will commence on the date the Competition Notice is posted on the respective Social Platform(s) or website, unless otherwise stated on the Competition Notice, and will close (i) when a message is posted on the relevant Social Platform stating the competition has now closed, or (ii) in any event, no later than two (2) months after the start of the competition (“Competition Period”).
4. To participate in the competition(s), applicants must (the “Entry Requirements”):
- either “Like” the post on Facebook and/or “follow” and re-tweet the Twitter Feed, as applicable and more expressly stated in the Competition Notice. Please note that multiple entries (for example, multiple re-tweets on Twitter) submitted by and entrant will not be accepted and will be in violation of these Rules;
- if applicable, provide the correct answer to the question or carry out any alternative route to entry as set out in the Competition Notice;
- ensure entries are made by the closing date and time set out in the Competition Notice and/or herein these terms and conditions;
- be domiciled in the United Kingdom (unless otherwise stated in the Competition Notice); and
- complete any other requirement of entry as stated in the Competition Notice. For avoidance of doubt, additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific competition(s), for example if there is a minimum age requirement or a valid passport if the Prize includes travel.
5. Applicants who successfully complete the Entry Requirements during the Competition Period (“Entrants”) will be placed into a draw which will take place within three (3) days of the competition closing (“Prize Draw”). The winner(s) of a competition will be selected at random from all of those valid Entrants placed in the Prize Draw (“Winner”).
6. Where there is a minimum age requirement for entry, this will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. CONTENTed reserves the right to request written proof of age and/or identity of any Entrant including the Winner.
7. CONTENTed will contact the Winner directly via direct message on the respective Social Platform or the email address (or any other contact information) provided by the Entrant (if applicable). The Winner will be required to provide proof of identification and their postal address in order to receive the Prize. Winners’ may be requested to take part in post competition promotional activity, and CONTENTed reserves the rights to publish the name of the Winner(s) on the Social Platform(s).
8. The prize will be as described in the Competition Notice on the relevant Social Platform or website (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable, has no cash value and must not be sold or given away to third parties without the prior consent of CONTENTed in its sole discretion. If the Winner is not able to accept the Prize for whatever reason, they must notify CONTENTed that they wish to forfeit the Prize and CONTENTed will be entitled to carry out a new Prize Draw for a new Winner.
9. CONTENTed shall dispatch the Prize to the Winner within thirty (30) days of receiving proof of identification and the postal address of the Winner, unless otherwise stipulated in the Competition Notice.
10. Depending upon the Prize, the Winner may be required to indicate prior written assent to other third party terms and conditions before CONTENTed may award the Prize (“Special Terms”). Examples of these may include ticket terms and conditions or travel terms and conditions. These Special Terms will be made clear to the Winner following the Prize Draw.
11. CONTENTed shall be entitled to withdraw the Prize from a competition at any time at its sole discretion and choose to replace it with a prize of equal or greater value with or without reason.
12. Any Entrants who are involved in suspicious activities, fail to fulfil the Entry Requirements (including but not limited to supplying false information) or fail to provide proof of age (where requested), identity and/or address within seventy two (72) hours of the request may be disqualified from the Prize Draw and, in such an event, will no longer be eligible to receive the Prize. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure all information provided to CONTENTed is accurate and up-to-date.
13. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You warrant that your entry and all and any information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy or any other rights of CONTENTed and/or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. CONTENTed reserves the right to screen, filter and/or monitor entries for this purpose.
14. CONTENTed cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside CONTENTed’s control.
15. CONTENTed will not accept responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by an Entrant entering the competition(s) or as a result of accepting any Prize. Where applicable, the Winner will be responsible for their own insurance, travel costs, taxes and other expenses (including meals, personal expenses, upgrades etc.), unless otherwise clearly stated. CONTENTed reserves the right to require the Winner(s) to sign a legal release in advance of distributing any Prize. Nothing shall exclude CONTENTed’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
16. Any personal data relating to Entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United Kingdom data protection legislation and best practice. Any data relating to Entrants may be retained by CONTENTed for a reasonable period after the Competition Period ends to assist CONTENTed to operate competitions in consistent manner and to deal with any queries.
17. CONTENTed reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition(s) and/or the Rules (including but not limited to eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion with or without prior notice (i) in the event of any occurrence outside CONTENTed’s control; (ii) to ensure competitions are run fairly and honourably manner; and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance. Any amendments or cancellations will either be posted on the relevant Social Platform(s) and/or in these terms and conditions.
18. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating the competition(s), the decision of CONTENTed shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. All competitions and Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.